This Ain’t Living…
Written by Natalie Davis on November 19, 2015
It’s not much fun being Blue in a Red State. But that pales against the nightmare that is being a progressive in a United States determined to act like World War II is back, one seemingly willing to forget horrific sins of the past.
Some evangelical (and otherwise) Christians, usually so quick to scold the rest of us about their view of morality and such, are running scared following the Paris attacks and demanding that we be bad Samaritans when it comes to Syrian refugees. What happened to their Bible learnin’? The revenge-minded French, who actually were bombed, and by European nationals, NOT by refugees, says it will continue to help those fleeing Daesh. Hey Congress, who are the surrender monkeys now?
That’s just for starters, my friends:
- Carnival barker (thanks, Martin O’Malley!) Donald Trump is making like Hitler — saying according to Snopes not that refugees should wear Holocaust-style patches, but that he was open to registering U.S. Muslims in a special database, in addition to requiring them to publicly identify themselves by their faith.
- Ben Carson reveals the truth: He has no regard for the humanity of others.
- Ted Cruz and Mario Rubio forget their families’ histories.
- Meanwhile, the Western world continues to weep Gallic tears while continuing to have no fucks to give for brown people’s lives.
- The Democratic elite — which includes the mainstream media — acts as Hillary Clinton’s personal Super PAC, ignoring the Berniac rise. Meanwhile, Hillary’s letting her hawk flag fly.
- Props to Obama for standing resolute so far in showing support for refugees, but what the hell? The Pentagon is spending $1.29 Billion to re-arm Saudi Arabia, a country that never saw a human right it didn’t want to squash???
- And as much of the nation gleefully shows off its complete and utter ignorance about history, Jesus, and law, the Texas State Board of Education takes steps to keep the people stupid.
Makes me wanna holler, throw both hands up in the air. I’m immersing myself in music to get away from the hideousness for a while. Thanks the the wonder of Spotify, feel free to join me from where you are. Know that the music spans genres and eras, and that some of it is NSFW.